Hey…I want to know your top 5 workout songs that you are listening to today! Yep…I would love for you guys to put your list down in the “comment” section. I’m just curious to see what everybody is listening to that gets them ready to hit the gym and workout hard.
For the record, I’m open to anything with a beat when I workout. I’m a Seattle guy and in this city alternative rock or techno is really big. There are certainly other types of clubs mixed in, but the “hip” crowd here mainly listens to techno or house music.
The nice thing about techno is that it has a fast pace to it, so it is great music to listen to when you are doing cardio. I like R&B also, but it normally has to be some sort of remix for me to be able to workout to it. I can’t really get into hardcore “hip hop”, although I know it gets a lot of guys and girls pumped up for working out…and that is all that really matters.
The one type of music that I think would be extremely tough to workout to would be country. I think it would slow me down (and annoy me). If you do like country, that is cool…make sure you list which songs get you pumped up. I live downtown, so I never ever hear country…maybe it’s good stuff?
Here is My “Top 5″ List…With Videos
1) Daft Punk “One More Time” A classic dance/techno song that crossed over into the main stream. I fell in love with this song again, once I saw a video of their most recent tour. This tour has been called one of the best live shows of the decade. Watch this whole video to see the ridiculous energy of the crowd (about 2 1/2 minutes into this they switch things up and the crowd goes nuts)!
2) Dj Tiesto ft. Kane “Rain on Me” This song has incredible vocals and a great beat. DJ Tiesto is widely known as the top DJ in the world. He isn’t quite as well known in the U.S. as he is in other countries. In places like Europe and South America, he can easily pack in 30,000+ to one of his shows. He is the “Rock Star” of DJ’s for sure!
3) Ferry Corsten “Fire” Love this song! Can’t get enough of it. It’s been out for a while, but I like it better every time I listen to it. It has a nice “clean” and smooth sound for a techno song. If the vocals sound familiar it’s because it is Simon LeBon from Duran Duran.
4) Fedde Le Grande “Put Your Hands Up For Detroit”…Note…if you are offended by women in skimpy clothes, please don’t watch this video (the funny thing is now everyone will watch this…LOL!)
5) Justin Timberlake “My Love…Paul Oakenfold Remix” I’m not a huge Justin Timberlake fan, but I do think he is extremely talented. Paul Oakenfold is awesome at adding beats to improve a song. I really love this version and I have a hard time listening to this without bobbing my head. Great stuff!
Click Here to Subscribe.