Bar-Barians – Ninja Masters of the Pull Up Bar!

August 19, 2009

This post is to prove to people they can reach an ultra-high degree of conditioning with something as simple as the pull up bar.

I’ve been writing a lot about body weight training and I’ve personally been trying to get better at pull ups and chin ups. You guys may or may not have heard of the Bar-Barians, but these guys are flat out impressive.

bar-barians
[The Bar-Barians were founded in 2004 and are based out of Brooklyn, New York. These guys are some of the most impressive athletes I have ever seen. Brooklyn has a reputation for being a tough area, but I’m guessing people don’t mess with this group.]

Don’t Let Their Tough Demeanor Fool You…

I’ve spent the past few days scouring their forums and reading their blog, etc. These are some of the most supportive guys I’ve run across online.

They really want to teach people how to get in incredible shape focusing on body weight work. The underlying message of their site is to overcome obstacles physically, to gain confidence and hit goals in the other areas of your life.

I fully endorse what they are all about and I’m trying my best to increase their exposure.

Here is a Great Video of Zeph (Co-founder) of Bar-Barians

[Zeph is 32 years old and makes this body weight stuff look like child’s play. You can’t tell in this video but Zeph has extremely good muscle definition. Physiques and strength levels like this are something to aim for. He is in outstanding shape.]

A Little More About the Founders of the Bar-Barians

Jude and Zeph, both born and raised in Brooklyn, co-founded the Bar-Barians in 2004.

They began teaching the benefits of body weight training in Brooklyn and it grew by word of mouth. This underground training subculture grew and they decided to add 3 more guys to help them run their organization…Rick “Slick Rick” , Andy “Ninja Man”, and Ben “Bolo Ben”.

The Bar-Barian Ranking System – A Challenge For You

The two co-founders along with the other guys form a group of 5 called The Core or Bar-Core.

Their purpose is to rank members of the Bar-barians. The Bar-Barian Membership is free but you have to earn the titles with hard work. The rankings are as follows: Bar-Pledge, Bar-Candidate, Bar-Baron, and Bar-Elite.

Right now it seems that these guys are looking for Bar-Baron’s. You don’t have to qualify for this title in person, you can submit a video…but qualifying isn’t easy!

Bar-Baron Requirements
“As far as the physical goes, anyone at any level is eligible to train with the us, but you must meet the prerequisites to be bestowed the title of the Bar-barians Bar-baron. Even Bill Gates could not wear the title of Bar-barian. It is something that cannot be bought or easily attained. Only through hardwork and dedication can one become a real Bar-barian. Physical requirments include:
1) 40 Dips
2) 20 Pull Ups
3) 50 Push Ups
4) 5 Muscle Ups
All of these done in 6 minutes or less”

Here is Jaz…A “Bar-Baron” from Bondi Beach, Australia

[This isn’t Jaz’s qualifying video. This is just a video he made demonstrating 27 muscle ups in a row! Most of the population wouldn’t even come close to doing one of these. They aren’t as easy as he makes them look!]

I’d Love to See Some of You Qualify As Bar-Baron!

Make sure and visit their site and join their forum if you are interested in getting stronger at body weight exercise.

The Bar-Barian Forum is pretty active with 148 users currently from all over the world. They even have a part of the forum where people submit videos of themselves trying to complete the Bar-Baron requirements or performing other amazing body weight moves.

Even if you just want to get better at pull ups or dips, this is a great resource.

Please Help Spread the Word About These Guys

Their ultimate goal is to grow this thing to a global level…kind of like how Crossfit grew by word-of-mouth.

If you have a blog, you can either link to this post here…or do one of your own. More than ever, we need people to understand that it doesn’t take a ton of equipment to reach high fitness levels. I think these guys are going to make a really positive impact…especially on the large amount of inactive young people.

They make getting fit look fun…and kind of bad-ass!

Note: I’d love to hear how close people are to the level of Bar-Baron! I’m guessing I could do between 20-25 dips, 12-13 pull ups, 40-45 push ups, and no idea for muscle ups. The problem is these are my numbers without doing these back-to-back. My push up number would go way down if I did dips just a few minutes earlier!

Brandon August 19, 2009 at 7:59 pm

i wanna try…idk about 20 pull ups in a row after all of that…

Jake August 19, 2009 at 8:05 pm

Do you think I could get their type of physique using exercises like that? I am not against weights, but I would much prefer to use bodyweight exercises. I am a thin guy. The physique I am going for is basically the physique of those guys. They have that lean, slim, slightly muscular, male model physique. That’s what I want. I feel like I’d only have to gain a bit of muscle, and then get a lot of definition to get there. Can I do that using bodyweight exercises? If so, do you think you could give me an example routine that would be good?

Thank you!

Jake

Fit Jerk - Flawless Fitness August 19, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Nicely done by Jaz. Yeah muscle ups aren’t easy, but are an everyday part of gymnastics life so I’m used to em. 27 is still insane, specially with such fluidity and good form.

Here is another crazy dude who has got some shape with body weighted exercises: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5brQHZl48

Rafi Bar-Lev August 19, 2009 at 9:31 pm

You can definitely get great definition and strength from a pull up bar and dips, which is one of the reasons (shameless plug) I announced the pull up competition on my blog. You and these guys need to get in on it Rusty!

Anyway, interesting post.

-Rafi

Dave August 19, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Fantastic post! I have a pull-up bar at home, but need to find a playground/workout park with these bars! Anyone in the Denver area know of one? I know they’re around this fitness crazed area…

Nick R August 19, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Not back to back, but I’ve done 35-40 dips (as fast as I can) and 25-30 real slow with a pause at the top. I’ve done 18 chinups when I was completely rested (for a couple of days.) Right now at the end of my weight training, I can do 12 pullups on a good day. I can definitely do 50 pushups (not sure my max on that), but I can’t do a single muscle up!

Seeing that video helped with the technique of the muscle up (I think I need to gain a little momentum on the way up and do it all as one motion), I’m going to try it when I’m fresh, but I’m wondering where my weak point is.

Also, I hopped over to their forum and saw this planche pushup training video … INCREDIBLE: http://bar-barians…planche-training-t232.htm

I tried the first step, the hip pushups, I did 3 sets of 10, but they were killer, especially on the wrists. I tried one of the wall pushups–no way. The hip pushups made my chest really pop afterwards though, in a way that bench pressing never has.

Very cool group. Thanks for posting about it.

Michael - The Fat Loss Authority August 19, 2009 at 11:15 pm

I saw these guys a little while back. Really awesome stuff!

Those muscle ups are beyond impressive. He makes it look so damn easy… I’ve been putting off improving my pull-ups but with Rafi’s challenge and watching these bad asses, I think I’m hitting the playground at lunch tomorrow.

BurritoKId August 19, 2009 at 11:28 pm

This is awesome Rust! lately ive been wanting to get leaner/smaller but im not sure how to get there.

I’ve been rethinking my workouts, I feel like dropping most of the work I do with weights and focus almost entirely on bodyweight circuits, like what you posted here.

do you think i should keep going with the free weights?

BurritoKId August 19, 2009 at 11:36 pm

its almost like a rpg video game with the ranking, yet not as nerdy. i was able to get up to 20/20 dips/pullups but it was killa and they werent back to back. looks like some good goal setting here.

David August 19, 2009 at 11:41 pm

I’m no good at pull-ups.
I can only do about 5.
And i’m down to 6% body fat now, ha!
How could I train to do more? (Other than pull-ups?)

David August 19, 2009 at 11:54 pm

One more question..
what is the difference between high volume and low volume sets?
I have no idea what either mean.

Al August 20, 2009 at 12:01 am

I’m very intrigued by this whole Bar-barian requirments for the bar-baron. It seems like a very steep uphill battle. I’ve been incorporating more bodyweight excersies into my routine but these seem impossible to do in one go. But you’re right about the muscle up I can barley even do one!

Yash August 20, 2009 at 12:44 am

This is sick! What I really like is that this type of training can put those gym bodies to shame. I’m a form-follows-function guy myself. If you’re anywhere near this level, chances are you’re pretty ripped too.

AWA August 20, 2009 at 2:06 am

I can get about 15-17 Pull-ups, 50-55 Push-ups, 20-25 dips, and I can’t do muscle-ups yet (need to work on these). Their requirements are tough.
After I complete my body transformation, I am thinking about shifting my goal from fat loss to mastering bodyweight exercises (i.e. 1 arm push-ups, 1 arm chin-ups, 1 leg squat, muscle-ups, all sorts of planks, etc)
The staples of my workout routine are Pull-ups, dips, push-ups, bodyweight rows, and sprints. I’m still not done with my body transformation, but I’m liking the progress.

Yavor August 20, 2009 at 2:14 am

I was about to post a link in one of the older posts to the Bar-Barians but forgot. Anyway 🙂

Here are my PR-s – I’m getting there 🙂

17 pullups
33 dips
60 pushups
1 muscle up

(not done under 6 miinutes lol)

Auzzie Dave August 20, 2009 at 2:55 am

I recently took approximately 3 months off from lifting and most cardio exercise because of health issues. 10 pounds lighter now than I was before. What program would you recommend for someone at approximately 12% body fat 6’0 and 163 pounds. My goal is for a v-shape with broad shoulders and a narrow waist (low bf). Any advice regarding HIIT, Eat Stop Eat, lifting etc. would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I train at that exact station in Bondi quite routinely. What a coincidence.

Thanks so much

Aditya August 20, 2009 at 3:32 am

Wow! No seriously this is sick as hell! That Bar Baron thing itself explains what these guys are made of. This post is making me think about shifting to body weight training a lot more now. These last few days I have been reading Craig’s TT Routine books and the more I read stuff like this, the more I am inclined towards body weight training.

These guys on there are just like any other gymnast, in my opinion. I bet they will put professional gymnasts to utter shame. I am impressed by this whole body weight theory COMPLETELY. Combined with a Clean Diet and Intermittent Fasting a body weight training will be just insanely propelling the body towards that perfect physique. Am I right Rusty?

This is easily one of the best posts by you, Rusty. I look for that inspiration in your posts whenever I can. This is just one of those many posts. Awesome!

I have one question about the nutrition which is needed while following a body weight routine. Dont you think we need to get a lot of carbs for that energy pump needed to push a bit further. I follow a fat burning routine so I am kind of really low on the Carb side. And sometimes, infact quite a lot of times these days, that I have a slacking when it comes to strength! I dont know if its the low carb diet which is responsible. Can you suggest ways to increase strength for starters, like you can lay down some basic rules, combined with a diet! Maybe you can write a post on the same 😀

Baz August 20, 2009 at 3:58 am

Jaz is using alot of momentum and swinging while doing those muscle ups. It would be better if he dis them slower. But still, WOW, that is insane. There’s no way I could do one of those. Now that’s true strength. Awesome stuff!

Adam August 20, 2009 at 7:41 am

Nice post and I am definitely going to rep these dudes, Rusty! If I had to pick two exercises that I had to do for a day, it would be a dips and pull ups superset! Incredible exercises. I would also do them at the local elementary school playground to enjoy the weather at the same time, haha.

I am confident to say that I think I could definitely become a Bar-Baron and may just whip up a video now! Thanks for the resource!

Helder August 20, 2009 at 8:36 am

These guys make me remember a few videos i’ve found about one year ago, it was called fitness from the streets or something similar, i’ve sent the link to you at the time.

They’re were really impressive, doing a lot of body weight exercises inclunding one arm pull up, they’re training in parks.

The only thing i see lacking is bodyweight leg work, there are a lot of squats, lunges, jumps, rope jumping and sprints to do, to get legs fit.

About my own scores: Dips i don’t do them, because i want to develop only upper chest, my lower chest just grows too much too easy.

Pull ups i can do 25 it has always been one of my favorite exercises.

Push ups i can do about 30, but i do it with my feet high, again to focus on upper chest, i want to be able to do handstand push ups

Muscles ups i never tried

SethP August 20, 2009 at 9:16 am

Great post. Fit Jerk beat me to it I was going to post a video of the same guy. I agree that a pull up bar is a great fitness tool. As far as the bar-baron requirements I can do the whole list except for the muscle ups. I have tried those before and can’t get them yet. I need to start with some heavy pull overs or something so I can get stronger in the movement. I have also been working in the Human Flag (4:10 in the video Fit Jerk posted)

Check out this guy. He isn’t doing much pull ups or anything but he has insane strength and skill.

Jay August 20, 2009 at 9:54 am

Check this vid out very motivational

mickieb August 20, 2009 at 10:45 am

OMG! Again, OMG! These guys are great! With some tweaking, they can go to the Olympics! Bet they would get the gold too! Unbelievable how the human body can be so strong! Haaa, and Im here trying to do 3 half pull ups!

mindbodygoal August 20, 2009 at 11:54 am

Absolutely awesome Rusty – such athleticism is incredible!
Just goes to show what can be achieved with a little extra thinking outside the box.

Im a firm believer in this type of work and you only have to look at male gymnasts (and of course the bar-barians!) to see the huge benefits.

Truly Inspirational

Terry August 20, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Let’s just say I’m not even close. But these guys are seriously impressive.

Steven August 20, 2009 at 12:49 pm

This is an excellent post Rusty hi-lighting the major difference between a “Gym” body and these guys who have very lean functional physiques. It throws shame on the “roided” up clowns I see in my gym that will never go near the dip or pull up bar in fear of embarrassment.

On a side note, I am like yourself in that I was doing the traditional bodybuilding routines (WITHOUT the steroids) bulking (which really means just getting fatter!) and then trying to lose the excess weight – which I now know to be a complete waste of time. Nowadays I just do body weight exercises and barbell whole body routines following Caleb Lee’s http://www.doubleyourgains.com site keeping muscle size down and strength up with a 3×3 routine and a dose of HIIT thrown in for good measure.

Jason G August 20, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Jay,

That was the video I needed to see, because yesterday I was considering making a complaining comment about how some of the advanced stuff is out of reach because I am close to 200 pounds. Those weighted vests show that many of the advanced moves are achievable for even larger guys.

Fiona August 20, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Thanks so much for the post. I have actually learned a lot of benefits about bodyweight training, and thanks a million!!

To begin with, I’ve started training myself with bodyweight after reading your post about Turbulence Training; I’m a student so its perfect solution for me in order to get fit without spending much money driving my way to the gym. But I found that Craig’s program isn’t permanent – I need to change program every 4 weeks and what if, I want the progress(I have not much fat to lose and I’m a girl, 19 yrs old) for the next few years?
And so I found another solution to train myself for performance instead for fat loss – Workout Without Weights by coach Eddie Lomax. It is very versatile and definitely not a generic program that becomes useless after a while. Plus, you can customize your workouts when you feel there’s a need.

Rusty, what do you think about the program?

Zakaveli ("Zeph" Co-Founder) August 20, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Thanks to everyone for the positive energy and interest, if anyone wants to be a part this movement feel free to send a email. If you’re gonna be in the NYC area come and see for yourself, I’ll make sure you have a great time and leave sore.

Norbi August 20, 2009 at 5:44 pm

what a find, great post, thanks a lot! Those guys are seriously conditioned for sure. I really am far from these guys’ performances, but I guess that’s understandable given that I really only started strength training about a 1 – 1,5 months ago. After trying out a rather bodybuilder style weightlifting routine (thanks to Jason G so much for all his help!), I decided to change directions and rather go for athletic strength with mostly bodyweight exercises. I’m sure it will take a lot more time this way to gain my desired muscle mass, but I’m sure that that will be fully functional pure strength muscle. This kind of training feels a lot better to me right now and it goes a lot better with my goal to advance in my martial arts training as well. Currently I’m doing a short exercise routine for improving posture + your routine for lower back (supermans, 2 min front planks, I added 2×1 min side planks and bird dogs) every single day. Other than this I do one full body exercise routine one day (different push ups, pull ups, chin ups (these last 2 are assisted for now), planks and burpees), the next day I participate in 2 Krav Maga self defense classes in a row (with about 30-45min between them), and the 3rd day is rest. Ohh and you asked about my BF%, right now my best guess is 10% +/- 1%… my BF monitor gives me 4,5% – 5,5% results, but that’s BS… close to 10% seems about right, as I’m starting to see my upper 4 packs, and the lower abs kinda show a difference when I’m flexing them, so I guess I have to go a little lower, and maybe that skin tightening thing has something to do with it too.

Norbi August 20, 2009 at 5:44 pm

SethP,

that guy is unbelievable!! Thanks for sharing it! 🙂

Ken August 20, 2009 at 6:10 pm

I’ve been watching these guys for awhile now and they never fail to amaze me.

Here’s another link for ya. His name is Hannibal and he can do some stuff that looks just downright impossible! And his physique is incredible.

Hope you like it!

Rahim August 20, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I’ve known about these guys for years. Not the Bar-Barians in particular, but another group out of Harlem, NY called the Bartendaz. They are very similar to the Bar-Barians and they advocate the same morals and principles of getting in shape physically and mentally. I’m always looking for better ways to improve my physique and I don’t lift weights at all. I’m strictly calistenics and strength training. Great post! This is why I keep coming here 🙂

Josh August 20, 2009 at 7:20 pm

Gymnasts have the highest strength to weight ratio of any athletes. I mean lets face it anytime you can do things which seem to defy the laws of gravity you are onto something pretty cool. These guys are obviously train very hard and again you will notice that the form follows the function. I don’t think these guys have the goal of getting ripped, having huge biceps, abs, ect.. It is just the natural result of this sort of training. Ya know what I think is coolest about this is it looks like a bunch of guys just having fun, actually doing something they love. There is a lesson in there for people who drag themselves to the gym and just go through the motions. Whatever it is you can get passionate about gymnastics, HIIT, kettlebells, bodyweight circuts do something you want to do. Fitness doesnt have to be a chore.

Rick Seedman August 20, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Bar-barians is a family. It goes way beyond just the bar. Whether we’re doing an event, working out, going for dinner or just hanging out, we always have the best time! Like Josh said above, it’s not a chore, it’s your life, enjoy it! Work hard but finds ways to make it fun. Thank you everyone for all these great comments. Big things are coming! Stay Tuned!!!

Salman August 21, 2009 at 12:34 am

I was just wondering how long it would take to see any noticable changes in the physique, both in gaining muscle and in fat loss by doing exercises like dips, pullups chinups, etc.

Jeff August 21, 2009 at 1:04 am

If I could only choose one upper body exercise it would absolutely be pull-ups/chin ups. Who needs a gym membership when all you need is a pull up bar and a door?

sangita August 21, 2009 at 3:48 am

Very inspiring! What I like most is young people getting to-gether and doing something so rigorous, but creative -something which improves their life, confidence and attitude. Rather than just hanging around malls, swigging coke and and trying to be cool, or getting into trouble. I get that from my father a school principle who loved nothing better than to help young people. He ran a school in a very congested area but hired a playground and made exercise mandatory, despite the inconvenience.
Well I aint becoming a Bar – Baron anytime soon thats for sure. But after reading so much on the net about fitness at least I do bodyweight exercises regularly and now want to crank it up a notch. Great idea for a post!

mike August 21, 2009 at 4:21 am

great post! what do they do for their lower body. thanks

mike August 21, 2009 at 5:50 am

great stuff!! what do they do for lower body?

Marc Feel Good Eating August 21, 2009 at 10:43 am

Rusty, I love thse guys!!
I will link on my blog. And…..they/you have given me a new goal. I want to be a Bar-Baron……and progress from there. This should take my tree climbing skills to a whole other dimension 😉

Stats for this morning within the 6 minute time frame;
40 dips ( in a row)
20 pull ups (18 and 2)
And I was done 😉
I couldn’t even bust out 5 pushups after the above two.
I don’t have the technique for the muscle up…..
I will be reporting my progress on my blog.

I really like that your are promoting them Rusty.

Marc

Dan August 21, 2009 at 11:32 am

This is pretty inspiring to watch. I think I can meet those numbers individually, but doing all of that within 6 minutes seems impossible. Individually I can do about 45 dips, 27 pull ups, and ~60 to 70 push ups. I have no idea how many ‘muscle ups’ I can do, I’ve never tried them, but hopefully I can come close to five. I’m going to try and do this next weekend and see where I end up, I’ll post my results. This gives me a real goal to try and achieve and puts purpose into my workouts. I’m also trying to get a true one armed pull up, but that seems even further off than Bar-Baron status. Any advice in how to achieve one of those? You would think if someone could do 27 pull ups they could at least do a single one armed pull up, but I can’t. There was a time I could do 32 pull ups or 5 pull ups with 90 lbs strapped on my waist, but still couldn’t do a one armed pull up. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody do a TRUE one armed pull up in person, but I’ve seen video of it. Knowing how hard it is to achieve, it’s the most impressive physical feat I can think of.

I recently went from working out at a gym with weights to almost completely doing body weight workouts. I just got tired of doing the same stuff after about 15 years, and now I’m really enjoying working out again. I know that I won’t have the same strength when I finally do decide to start working out in a gym again, but it’s something different and that’s what I need at the moment. The other option, which is where I was headed, is a lot of skipped workouts at the gym, sometimes spanning multiple weeks.

Your website has been a great resource for new ideas, and inspiring to read. I don’t agree with 100% of what you write, but like a lot of what you say, and love you’re workout philosophy regarding getting huge. Thanks for the great website.

Shaun August 22, 2009 at 6:02 am

THIS IS HOT!

You know… when i was 17 i was a broke student and i used to live in the sports ground where they had a chin up bar, and i tell you, it got me ripped. but what these guys are doing is insane…ly.. awesome. I think I’m going to go back to basics again, and then let my readers know all about it and this post.

Great stuff Rusty

Shaun
SFB

MrBunny August 22, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Dan,

I too have never seen a person do a one arm pull-up other than on video but that is probably all the people i know are out of shape and could not even do a single normal pull-up. Bruce Lee did a demonstration where he done 50 one arm pull-ups…now that is some true strength.

Best post so far Rusty and some amazing videos i have always been a fan of body weight exercises and have stopped weights all together for almost three months now and never plan on using them again.

Nove August 23, 2009 at 3:42 am

wow
they are very cool……….
maybe we can use their exercise if we must go to the place that have no gym…

Wendy August 23, 2009 at 10:22 am

Um………….Just wondering if this is might cause a woman to bulk up?

Jake August 25, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Wendy – I don’t know much about fitness, because if I did, I’d probably look better than I do, lol. But women don’t naturally add a bunch of muscle. This will cause you to tone up, and gain a bit of natural muscle, but you won’t bulk. In order to bulk up to the point where you get too big (bodybuilderish) you have to lift heavy and eat obssessively. And even then it would be hard for a woman to add that much muscle because they aren’t built to do that. Then again, no one is really meant to have that much muscle, but you know what I mean. I wouldn’t worry about it.

belinda madden August 30, 2009 at 5:39 am

Very informative inspiring and motivational not to mentioned the cool doodes

Keep the info coming.

Belinda Madden

WaltM August 30, 2009 at 3:03 pm

It’s nice to see such great results from body weight exercises, things that are definitely doable at home instead of having to join a gym. Videos like this are a huge motivational kick in the but and shows how much more work I have ahead of me… Thanks for promoting this group!

Kidafi September 14, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Hey Zef.!!
Pretty amazing stuff. Keep up the good work. I am really interested in linking up with you guys for some help in this type of training. I know I have a lot to learn, and it would be an honour to learn from you guys….

jason lori September 16, 2009 at 8:44 pm

hey guys i love these videos just give me some tips and tricks

CR September 18, 2009 at 9:01 pm

This was a truly inspiring post. I haven’t done a muscle up since I was 15 in High School gymnastics. I actually forgot all about them and wouldn’t have even thought about doing them on a pull up bar.

I personally can meet all the other requirements. This was really an inspiration to this man of 50.

Thank You.

Susan December 7, 2009 at 12:26 am

Very cool videos! Looking forward to seeing more from you

Susan

Rick Seedman January 5, 2010 at 8:32 am

Happy Holidays from the Bar-barians! Vid for my peeps. Enjoy:

Martial Arts Training Equipment January 18, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Hands down the best work out there is. Many gym goers neglect the back and shoulders in favour of the chest. This great workout makes sure the back and chest are worked out in equal measure. What’s more you get a good abs and shoulder workout.
I’m 35 and will be strating this tonight!

Dai January 30, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Here is Dawalli’s tutorial on how to do a muscle-up it’s about the best tute on this out there.

Janalyne April 4, 2010 at 2:19 am

Wow. These guys are incredible! Thanks for sharing their info. I love learning about bodyweight exercises and using them in my own workouts and with clients. Makes me want to go to a playground right now!

jules dubord June 14, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Thanks for sharing yourselves. Ive been inspired by the youtube Bar-Barian videos that have got me exercising again an tuning up. Much positivity from this! All the best to all …

Seane August 31, 2010 at 2:06 am

How inspiring and nerve racking are these young men. I feel like a blob sitting her at my computer. I dont even think I could jumpt ot reach the bar any more. Oh I am envious for the fitness and the willingness to create a healthy life choice within a seemingly poverty stricken time.

Leonid October 16, 2010 at 5:42 am

I recall now the post on this blog talking about how some fit people look much better when they are fit without looking like they are overdoing their fitness (it was James Bond photo of Daniel Craig and some girl).

That being said I found that people training with mainly bodyweight exercises look much more attractive than proffesional athletes and weight lifters that have this slight “worn-out” look to them.

And after I watched the videos of these guys – it is incredible how strong and attractive they are!

Strength January 3, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I am sadly not anywhere near these guys’ ability. They are pretty impressive to try to emulate though, for sure! I’m working on getting there though. This article and everyone else’s comments are inspiring.

griddle February 14, 2011 at 6:56 am

I didn’t know that the guys of Bar-Barians are some of the most impressive athletes there are, so after learning this I guess that it would be awesome to meet these talented sportsmen. I’m also trying to build some muscles with a diet and training program, so this article gave me inspiration and motivated to keep the process going.

Jack Coleman March 1, 2011 at 11:07 am

insane! i can hardly do 5 to 10 pullups at a time and that too not like this. He has really got that power.

BytesLand March 4, 2011 at 6:35 am

needless to say how surprised I was when I read this article! those guys do just awesome things. I really got interested and found another video showing the bar-barians human flag training. Thаt’s hοw human flag training ѕhουld bе! Nο excuses, јυѕt hard workout. I wonder if it’s smth genetic or really just hard work??? How I wish to have such a gifted coach to inspire me!

Jeremy March 7, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I’ve also loved the ‘iron cross’ in gymnastics, and this type of training definitely reminds me of that.

I absolutely love pure strength like this, makes me want to go lift!

Thanks for posting this!

gAmeS March 11, 2011 at 1:10 am

This is very cool and what a good work out. Doing pull-ups is one my favorite exercises, but I’m not sure I could do all of their qualifying in 6 minutes. I like that this is a combination of gymnastics and fitness, so it is likely fun.

akon 2011 March 23, 2011 at 6:01 pm

akon 2011

Side by Side Kühlschrank April 6, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Guys, you rock! have you tried any steroids or something like that? what is your diet? thanks

URGENT CARE April 19, 2011 at 7:16 am

very nice article and nice picture.The smiling face of this guys represent something interesting.

dr dre headphones April 22, 2011 at 3:11 am

lentil salad went down great at an American’s friend Thanksgiving ‘bring your own side dish’ meal) and I’ve got so many other recipes lined up to make. Thanks for

sweaty armpits May 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm

wow! nice crew guys. what kind of workout do you prefer?

San Diego Lawyer May 19, 2011 at 11:02 pm

The guys are looking so fit and the article is very helpful to make a good health.We know the proverb “Health is wealth”. Everyone should do all exercise and balance diet to keep the body free from disease.

electric pressure cooker June 16, 2011 at 3:20 am

What is the ultimate workout, I heard the Spartan 3000

San Francisco Lawyers June 19, 2011 at 6:10 am

Nice guys with fit body. I want to make my body so fit and to do so I am going gym. regularly.

San Jose Lawyers June 19, 2011 at 6:15 am

Every one should make a healthy body to make comfortable life.I have read and seen some gym. related video from which I have learned the strategy to build up my body.

australian college of physical education June 21, 2011 at 2:27 am

Orange County Lawyers June 24, 2011 at 2:05 am

I am going to gym regularly eating diet balance. I also walk in the morning in the open air to make my body fit and to make my health sound.

Orlando flex ticket June 26, 2011 at 8:43 am

Really impressed!This is a great blog to inspire the people to control weight. Using pull up bars one can make his body fit.Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more!

sweaty armpits June 26, 2011 at 10:10 am

sweaty armpits can either be generalized or localized to particular parts with the physique. Hands, feet, armpits, and the back area are amongst essentially the most active regions of perspiration as a result of comparatively high concentration of sweat glands; even so, any portion with the body could be impacted.

locksmiths dublin July 5, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Man, this sounds like hard work. bar-barians human flag training IS hard work, but what results. Love this discussion

Orlando airport car service July 11, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Thanks for sharing! These ninja skills I’m sure can come in handy 🙂

fastyfile.com July 24, 2011 at 2:57 am

Thanks for sharing! These ninja skills I’m sure can come in handy

austin defense attorneys July 24, 2011 at 9:11 am

This post is to prove to people they can reach an ultra-high degree of Bar-Barians. I’ve been writing a lot about body weight training. I have personally been trying to get better at pull ups and chin ups. For commenting in this i feel so much pleasure.

Barton July 24, 2011 at 11:10 am

live sport July 25, 2011 at 8:00 am

Thank you for offering some quite fascinating details on this subject that has an excellent fascination to me. I might be back to verify around the progress of your website
live sport

austin sclerotherapy July 28, 2011 at 6:21 am

I have spent the past few days scouring their forums and reading their blog. I feel it so much pleasure because of Bar-Barians. It is one of the most impressive blog that I have ever read. It is really good to see such an amazing site online.

Hemden bügeln July 31, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Thanks for sharing! These ninja skills I’m sure can come in handy

michael puertas August 4, 2011 at 7:56 am

wew! these guys are really ninjas I would never try this one coz I might end up breaking my neck 😀 dont try this at home kids ^_^

macor macor August 6, 2011 at 2:06 am

Thank you very much! 🙂

Chevaline August 9, 2011 at 3:06 am

Great work.I love the content it have great and valuable ideas. It makes me want to take part of this.

Sports Coaching Courses August 12, 2011 at 2:02 am

Very impressive routine indeed. To be able to execute these one must have great endurance and muscle strength. I enjoyed watching your video, keep it up!

JoTimm August 15, 2011 at 11:01 am

Awesome stuff. Can’t believe that I have never even heard of this before.
I wonder how long you need if you start from absolutely zero to be able to do this Bar-Barian routine? Anyone knows?

Electronic Toys September 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Nice information, valuable and excellent, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need, thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here . Gifts For Women

long distance movers October 11, 2011 at 3:49 am

Now I just need to get stronger at pull ups and get a Youtube video setup to try and qualify as a Bar-Barian!

Either way, I plan on attending an event at some point. I plan on taking my girlfriend to New York in the near future, and want to partake in a BBQ or bowling night with the crew.

christmas toys 2011 October 18, 2011 at 11:04 am

These guys prove to people that they can reach an ultra-high degree of conditioning with something as simple as the pull up bar. I’ve been writing a lot about body weight training and I’ve personally been trying to get better at pull ups and chin ups. There were many who have not have heard of the Bar-Barians, but these guys are flat out impressive. They don’t train with weights, but I would go as far to say that they are most likely in better shape and more ripped than just about anyone in your gym. If you have never been exposed to the Bar-Barians, prepare to be “Wow’ed”! best gifts for men 2011

dentist in austin November 22, 2011 at 10:38 am

This is such a great knowledge. Thanks for this valuable information. You have a lot of good ideas and concepts and lots of great information and inspirations. Keep on posting.