I have to vent! About 1/2 the people who workout in most of the gyms I have belonged to are completely obnoxious!
If you are new to working out and are intimidated by the bodybuilding retards that live in the free-weight rooms…don’t be! Seriously…many of these guys have serious personality disorders and don’t do very well in the “real world”. The one place where they feel like they have control is in the gym.
It is hilarious watching a free-weight room. They are a few personality types that are common in almost every gym I have worked out in. I’ll list a few…tell me if you can relate.
1) The Everlast “clown pants” wearing guy with the small cut tank top. He is big and strong…usually really tan, but not very toned. He does a lot of benching and takes 5-10 minutes in between sets so he can lift more. This guy NEVER does cardio and it shows. Often times the guy has a mullet…or other bad 80’s hair style.
2) The disturbing, spandex shorts wearing bodybuilder guy. This guy is usually big and ripped and does a lot of posing in the mirror between sets. He also screams during his lifts. He will do a set of dumbbell curls right in front of the rack, so nobody can access the weights until he is through. He will also leave all of his weights all over the place…I think he believes that his workout is much more important than any of the other members.
What Not to Wear!
3) The guy that gives advice to everyone…especially people that don’t ask for it! The ironic thing is that this guy is never in very good shape.
4) The guy that sings or raps loudly while listening to his I-pod. This one drives me nuts! We don’t want to hear you, we don’t think you are cool…everyone thinks you are an idiot!
5) The guy who is “super-setting” and using 3 different pieces of equipment when it is busy. When someone tries to use one of the three machines or benches…he screams “I’m using that!”. I actually got in a fight with one of these guys (good thing it was broken up…I would have got my butt kicked, LOL!)
6) The “Dumbbell Dropper”…these are the guys who drop the dumbbells to the floor no matter what exercise they are doing. Curls, Incline Dumbbell Press, Shrugs, etc…Watch your feet! These fools are going to drop the weights as soon as they are finished!
7) The “Lat Flexer’s” these are the guys that walk around with their lats flared out. They normally walk slow…you know…because “they are moving so much muscle mass”…LOL! I actually think this one might be contagious…it is reaching epidemic proportions!
8) The smelly guy that smells like sour milk. We had a guy in our gym like this and someone asked him if he ever showered. He said “sweat is a natural shower”…eeeeew!
9) The “I used to bench xxx pounds guy” or “back in highschool I squatted xxx pounds guy”. Nobody cares what you used to do…nobody believes you anyway…and now you are a slob, so get over it!
10) The really attractive 25 year old single girl that just moved here from Sweden and wants someone to show her the town…OH Wait…that isn’t obnoxious at all…my bad!
Do me a favor…comment below and add to this list. I’m sure I’m forgetting a bunch of obnoxious behavior!
Let’s Unite, Take a Stand, & Take Back Our Gyms (or at least make fun of people on this blog)!
Important Message: Although this site has received 25+ million visitors, I am starting from scratch and abandoning it. This site is dated and old school looking, terrible to read on mobile, etc.
It's like a Ford Pinto compared to my new site...which is like a Ferrari. Click the link to head over to my new site.
Thanks for reading all these years!