Best of Fitness Black Book
Important Message: Although this site has received 25+ million visitors, I am starting from scratch and abandoning it. This site is dated and old school looking, terrible to read on mobile, etc.
It’s like a Ford Pinto compared to my new site…which is like a Ferrari. Click the link to head over to my new site.
Thanks for reading all these years!
Six Pack Abs
- What is The Best Abdominal Exercise to Get Six Pack Abs?
- Great Six Pack Ab Video Shows How Get Extremely Toned Abs
- Bruce Lee’s “Secret” Six Pack Ab Exercise
- A Six Pack Ab and Muscle Tone Tip That is Never Discussed
- Core Exercises and Core Muscles- When Did the Obsession Begin?
- Six Pack Abs – Without Turning Into a Hunchback
- Tighten Your Obliques Without Adding Size With These Isometric Exercises
- Ab Circle Pro or Body by Jake? A $10 Alternative That is More Effective!
- “Ah Young Grasshopper…When You Can Take the Pebble From My Hand…You Will Have Six Pack Abs!”
Fat Burning Cardio
- An Aerobic Workout Program That Forces Your Body to Burn Fat
- A Jump Rope Workout That Burns Belly Fat
- The “Tabata Protocol”…An Effective 13 Minute Fat Burning Workout
- Balancing Steady State Aerobics With Interval Training
- Perceived Effort is the Secret to Avoiding Fat Burning Plateaus
- Fasted Workouts and Fasted Cardio vs EPOC – For Fat Loss
- Primary Cardio Machines -vs- Secondary Cardio Machines
- Adjusting Cardio Intensity to Match Your Diet
- Workout Intensity and Fat Loss – Hitting the Sweet Spot
- “Cardio Compensation” – Certain Cardio Workouts Cause Intense Food Cravings
- Interval Training Improves Your Endurance, Better Than Endurance Exercise!
- Why Walking is Necessary for Good Health – Even If You Are Extremely Fit and Lean
- Increase Natural HGH Without Injections, Sprays, or Pills
- Are You In Good Shape or Do You Just Have a High Pain Tolerance?
- Brief Exercise Found to Be Much More Effective for “Fit” People
Resistance Interval Training
- A Circuit Training Routine That Actually Makes Sense!
- Body Weight Circuits Are Kickin’ My Butt!
- Creative Circuit Training – Experimenting With Fat Loss Workouts
- How Interval Training Works – Lactic Acid, Oxygen Debt, and Recovery
- Hindu Squats. An Effective Body Weight Exercise for Fat Loss and Mobility
- My Muscle Building Course – Finally Ready to Be Released to the Public
- Best Chest Exercises to Build Masculine Square Pecs
- Strategic Way to Combine Machine Exercises With Free Weights
- How to Quickly Gain the Ideal Amount of Muscle Mass for Your Body Type
- Gaining Muscle Doesn’t Increase the Metabolic Rate a Significant Amount
- Your Weak Muscle Group vs Their Strong Muscle Group
- A “Sensible” Way to Build Muscle Mass
- How to Lose Muscle Mass on Purpose?
- The Top Exercises for Each Body Part? Impossible to Say!
- Standing Barbell Military Press – Not Just a “Shoulder” Exercise
- “Protein Guilt” – When You Wish The Meal Had More Protein.
- Build Muscle Mass With Body Weight Exercises
- Nutrition Plays A Small Role in Building Muscle Mass – Controversial Video
- Bar-Barians – Ninja Masters of the Pull Up Bar!
- A Big Mistake When it Comes to Gaining Muscle Mass
- How to Gain Muscle and Lose Fat at the Same Time?
- Is There a Vet Around Here? (Flexes Biceps) Because These Pythons Are Sick!
- Resistance Bands – Can Work Chest and Shoulders Better Than Free Weights?
- My Muscle Building Course – Finally Ready to Be Released to the Public
- Are Push Ups Necessary if You Have Access to Free Weights?
- Does Rep Count Even Matter? Controversial Findings of a Recent Study!
- The One Arm Military Press – “Old School” but Effective
- How to Get Stronger Than Ever While Burning Body Fat
- Sets and Reps – Long or Short Rest Periods?
- Explosive Pushups to Increase Your Bench Pressing Power and Pectoral Definition
- Gain Strength Without Fail By “Mastering the Weight”
- Pyramid Sets Are Bad for Strength Gains
- The Strength Training Rep Dissected and Explained
- Weak Grip Strength = Weak Body
- Muscle Confusion: A Quitter’s Approach to Lifting
- Gaining Strength Through Periodization – Train Like a Soviet Athlete!
- Avoid the Typical Bodybuilding Workout Split. What to Do Instead!
- Hanging Power Cleans – A Great Exercise for Strength and Definition
- Use Partial Reps to Shock Definition and Strength Into Lagging Muscles
- Drop Isolation Exercises to Get Through Sticking Points
- 7 Common Strength Training Mistakes. Is Your Workout Making You Weak?
- How to Get Stronger at Push-ups and Pull-ups Using a Soviet Special Forces Technique
- Make Body Weight Exercises Challenging Without Doing High Reps
- How to Do One Arm Push Ups for 20 Reps
- How “Thick Bar Training” Will Greatly Improve Upper Body Strength
- Explosive Strength Training – Applying More Force to the Weights Being Lifted
Increase Muscle Definition
- Muscle Tone VS Muscle Mass Workout Routines
- How “Getting Older” Actually Improves Muscle Tone
- Body Fat Percentage…No Need to Be Obsessed Over a Number!
- Muscle Tone Philosophies of Former “Soviet Special Forces” Instructor
- Why “Time Under Tension” Is Important When It Comes To Muscle Tone
- Lift Light Weights for Low Reps to Gain Strength and Muscle Definition
- 5 Tips to Help You Look Obscenely Hot In A Swimsuit This Summer!
- 6 Reasons You Should Avoid Training for “The Pump”
- Why You May Look a Bit Fatter When First Losing Body Fat
- Strength Training + Low Calorie Diet + Interval Training = Sexy Body
- Muscle Maturity – Looking Better As You Age
- Post Workout Shakes? Not If Fat Loss is Your Goal!
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) – Breaking Down a Few Scientific Studies
- Tips to Fix “Skinny Fat” Syndrome
- Muscle Tone – A Controversial Term Examined
- The “Brief Workout” Trend – Are You Exercising Enough to Hit Your Goals?
- Summer Workout Tips to Maximize Your Time in the Sun
- How Rep Tempo Can Affect Fat Loss
- Stubborn Body Fat Caused by Excess Estrogen
- Gone in 60 Seconds: One Minute of Activity to Avoid Storing Calories of a Meal as Body Fat
- Legendary Surfer Laird Hamilton’s Workout Routine
- Will Smith Slims Down For New Role in the Movie “I Am Legend”.
- Is Tony Jaa the Next Bruce Lee?
- What Hollywood’s Sexiest Actors Can Teach You About Being Attractive to Women
- Duane Johnson, AKA The Rock, Looks Better Slim Instead of Bulky
- Trent Reznor of NIN Gained a Ton of Muscle. Did He Ruin His Look?
- Robert Downey Jr. is Looking Better Than Ever as Tony Stark
- Roman Sebrle, and Other Dominant Athletes in Track and Field
- Cam Gigandet’s “Never Back Down” Workout Aproach
- Tarzan VS Conan – A Competition of the Ages!
- Yvonne Craig (Batgirl and Green Lady from Star Trek) – Looks Better than Present Day Female Fitness Models
- Ryan Kwanten’s Workout – Jason Stackhouse from “True Blood”
- Taylor Lautner – Finally a Fitness Role Model for “Generation Y”
- Men’s Suits – 10 Crucial Buying Tips to Look Stylin’ Like James Bond
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s Personal Trainer for “The Beach” – Cornel Chin
- Madonna’s Gym, “Hard Candy Fitness”, Coming to a City Near You?
- An Interview With Tyler Shields – A Modest Celebrity Photographer Who Oozes Talent
- Skipping Meals Will NOT Slow Your Metabolism and Cause Weight Gain!
- Another Study “Questioning the Logic” of the 6 Meal Per Day Diet Plan
- Fat Loss Momentum…The Secret to Rapid Fat Loss
- Is Diet OR Exercise More Important for Fat Loss and Getting Lean?
- Incredible Fruit Facts: Why Fruit Should Be A MUCH Larger Part of Your Diet!
- Low Calorie Diets. How Low Calorie Can You Go, Without Losing Muscle?
- Another Study “Shoots Down” The Idea of Eating 6 Small Meals Per Day
- How to Retrain Your Taste Buds to Enjoy Healthy Food
- Snacking Takes More Discipline Than Fasting
- Strategic Eating to Get the Most Out of Your Upcoming Workout
- How Caffeine Affects Fat Loss, Exercise Performance, and Health
- High Insulin Levels Stop Fat Loss and Cause Weight Gain
- Embrace Hunger and Hunger Pains While Dieting
- Insulin and Fat Loss. A Simple Explanation.
- People Are Quick to Criticize Low Calorie Diets
- Maintain Muscle Mass On 800 Calories Per Day?
- How Much Water Per Day? Exaggerated by the Media!
- Southeast Asian Food – Does a Body Good!
- The Paleo and Primal Diet. Eating Like a Caveman?
- Constructing an Effective Diet Plan to Get Lean Before Summer
- Is It Okay to Eat Right Before Going to Bed? “Yes” and “No”
- “Mindless Eating” – Why Do We Continue to Eat When We Are Full?
- Low Carbohydrate Diet or Low Fat Diet? It Depends…
- Eat Stop Eat vs The Warrior Diet
- Reduce Calories and Reduce Unnecessary Time Spent Working Out
- “Why Exercise Won’t Make You Thin” – Analyzing This Time Magazine Article
- An Aggressive Dieting Approach to Use After a Period of High Calorie Eating
- Are All Diets, High Fat Diets?
- Wheat Allergies – Blood Shot Eyes, Runny Nose, and Only Gluten Free Beer? Say it Isn’t So!
- Carb Strategies That I Have Found to Work Well for Staying Lean
- Conquering Low Back Pain While Getting Fit…Part I
- Conquering Low Back Pain While Getting Fit…Part II
- Conquering Low Back Pain While Getting Fit…Part III
- Hate to Stretch? Don’t Have Time to Stretch? I Have Good News!
- Move Your Body Through Space – “Live Long and Prosper”
- Use the Back Bridge Exercise to Improve Posture and Reduce Back Pain?
- The Body of An Athlete – But the Spine of a Weakling?
- What is the Most Obnoxious Thing You’ve Seen While Working Out?
- Going Bald or Have a Receding Hairline? You Need to Buzz it Off!
- Giving Exercise Machines The Respect They Deserve…A Tribute to Arthur Jones 1926-2007
- “Learn Fitness Tips from YODA, You Will”
- An Amazing Personal Development Blog That Will Help You Reach Your Fitness Goals.
- Losing Body Fat Makes Your Face Much More Attractive and Sexy
- The Ultimate Home Gym Setup. Workout on Your Terms!
- Avoid a “Gym Body”. Aim for an Athletic Body Instead!
- Stop the Weight Gain Before You Become a Yo-Yo Dieter!
- 25 World Class Beaches Worth Getting in Shape For
- Acai Berry, Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Oz, Colon Cleansing, and Fake Blogs! What?
- The 5 Pound Rule – Staying Lean For a Lifetime
- Yo-Yo Weight Loss – The Natural Way to Lose Weight
- Get in Shape for Summer – My Detailed Spring Workout Routine
- I’m Shocked That Bodybuilding is Still Popular
- Personal Training – Good for Brainstorming, But Not Ideal for Long-Term Success
- “Positive Action” Gets Results – Not Positive Thinking
- Why Most Celebrity Workout Routines Are Overrated
- Being a Little Overweight Can Reduce Life Expectancy And Increase Health Risks
- “The Vacation Body Blueprint” – My Free 56 Page Report is Ready for Download!
- Fitness Tips and Observations From My First 40 Years
- Fitness Forums – The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!
- High Metabolism When Young & Slow Metabolism When Old? Inevitable?
- Intense Exercise at Home – Easy to Give Up When No One is Watching
- Fitness Experts – Who is Right? Who is Wrong? Are you Confused?
- Hippies VS Jocks – Which Group is Healthier?
- Remember Recess and Summers as a Kid? That is When Exercise Was Fun!
- Muscle Recovery – The More Advanced You Get the Trickier It Becomes
- Maintenance Mode – Staying Lean Once You Get There.
- Giants VS Little People – Body Fat, Metabolism, Lean Body Mass, etc.
- Fat Loss Head Games – When Your Mind Makes Fat Loss Near Impossible
- Are Brief Workouts Effective for Fat Loss as You Get Older?
- What the Heck is Inflammation? Why Should You Care?
- The Best Gym Pound for Pound is in Bulgaria?
- A Story of Breast Cancer Survival
- “Visual Impact for Women” – Jazzed to Introduce My New Women’s Course!
- Mark Sisson – Why We Need Meat
- Scott Kustes – The Four Types Of Fat. Sorting Out the Confusion of Dietary Fats
- Craig Ballantyne – 7 Questions and Answers About Turbulence Training
- Brad Pilon – The Evolution of Weight Loss
- JCD Fitness – Improve Your Life by Improving Your Posture
- Adam Steer – Advanced Bodyweight Exercises: No Gym, No Problem!
- Gym Junkies – Motivation Tips for Sticking to Your Workout Routine
- Anna Dornier – Should Women Do the Same Type of Workouts as Men?
- Martin Berkhan – Scorch Through Your Fat Loss Plateau
- 10 Questions With One of the World’s Top Special Forces Trainers
Current Favorite Music Vids
New Order – World
[I pretty much love anything put out by New Order or some old school Joy Division. This is one of my favorites.]
Radiohead – Reckoner
[This song reminds me of my girlfriend. We listened to it on a summer time road trip while driving through the Columbia River Gorge. Perfect song to zone out to.]
The Chain Gang Of 1974 – Undercover
[Current new-wave inspired stuff by a great Indie band. We saw these guys live. Can’t believe they haven’t blown up yet…good stuff! ]
----> (New) Facebook Comments..."Cause all the cool kids are doin' it!"