Want an aerobic workout program that actually makes your body burn fat? Then you need to get familiar with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT).
The concept behind High Intensity Interval Training is that when aerobic exercise is performed in a very specific manner…your body will release its natural fat burning hormone called Human Growth Hormone…or HGH. HGH is naturally produced in your body all your life, but it begins to decline at age 20. HGH decline combined with a slower metabolism is what contributes to fat gain as many people get older.
Increase HGH and you will begin to burn fat like you did when you were younger. There have also been studies that suggest increasing your natural HGH will actually slow down the aging process. This hasn’t been proven beyond a shadow-of-a-doubt…but HGH has been proven to obliterate fat…and that is the main point of this aerobic workout program.
Here is a specific High Intensity Interval Training workout program that will shoot your HGH levels through the roof…as well as boost your metabolism for several hours after the workout.
1) Walk on a treadmill for 5 minutes at a moderate pace (between 3.5 and 4.0 on most treadmills)
2) After 5 minutes, speed up the treadmill to a jogging pace for one minute (start at 7.0 or 8.0)
3) After one minute of jogging, slow back down to your set moderate pace (somewhere between 3.5 to 4.0 as discussed before)
4) After one minute of moderate, speed up the treadmill to your previous jogging pace, but this time add .5 to the speed (so if you first did 7.0…now you are going to set it at 7.5)
5) After one minute of jogging, you are going to go back to the same set moderate pace for one minute.
6) Alternate every minute between jogging and walking for 20-30 minutes…making sure that you use the same walking speed each time, but increase to jogging speed by .5 until you can’t jog any faster for one minute.
Note: To really blast every last little bit of body fat off your body, take advantage of the natural fat burning state your body is in by doing 10-20 minutes of steady state cardio. This is a great way to really obliterate stubborn body fat.
You will find that your first few intervals will be easy…and then things will get tough. As you get in better shape, you will eventually be able to really sprint on the treadmill. By the time you work up to this level, your body will adapt by losing every last bit of fat. I’m convinced that this type of aerobic workout program will burn fat for every single person who sticks with it.
More Tips to Ensure Maximum Fat Burning
Working above your aerobic threshold for one minute alternated with short active rest periods is what will make your body release HGH. Studies have also shown that HGH is released better if you train on an empty stomach. It is also suggested not to eat right after training to insure the maximum release of HGH…so don’t eat any calories 3-4 hours before and one hour after training for maximum effects.
A few people in the industry talk about something called the “HGH flush”. This is a possible indicator that you did everything correctly to release HGH. When your skin feels hot and a bit red and you are short of breath, you have achieved the HGH flush. Many people probably haven’t experienced a good HGH flush since P.E. class in junior high. Strive for this when you hit the treadmill.
Note: This is an advanced aerobic workout program. Make sure you are in decent health before working out intensely.